Mar 11, 2016

The Last Letter...


You left me alone
One more time
Like last time and the times before.

The mad lover in me
Every time broken
Picks her pieces
Still tries to find you
In the shattered pieces of my heart.

The shards of memories
Shine like diamond
But pain immeasurable
From every angle
Showing me glimpses of time
Spent madly thinking of you
Often Day dreaming
Every possible moment.

What it takes for u
To throw me away from your life
Your ease is my agony
Our separation my fate
But like a phoenix arising out of ashes
Should my hope never die?
I write one last time all my love
Yes, I kiss it with all my heart.

My audacity as you may call
I no longer wait for you to come back
To kindle once again what we had,
To start once again
A life full of true love!
But today I make a solemn promise
The fire which burnt my soul
The love which spirited my being
Left me bereft, naked in my own eyes
Never to trust anyone else
Again
Ever again....



***


PS: Wrote this piece for Magpie Tales #308

3 comments:

  1. A beautiful poem on loss.
    But, hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies. - Shawshank Redemption.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The loss of trust is a sad one. I hope she finds the courage to risk living again, in time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. आज बहुत लम्बे समय के बाद एक बार फिर से मन बनाया है ब्लॉग की इस दुनिया में वापसी का. आपका स्नेह मिलता रहा है. आगे भी मिलता रहेगा यही कामना है। आपकी बहुत सी रचनाएँ पढ़ना बाकी हैं। जल्द ही पढ़ने का प्रयास करूँगा.
    बहुत आभार
    अखिलेश 'कृष्णवंशी '

    ReplyDelete